We all go through things. We've all been hurt, lied to, rejected and disappointed. We've all experienced some kind of loss and self doubt before. We are human, it's bound to happen but everything changes once you apply positive thinking to situations.
Talking about this is like beating a dead horse, but seriously, there is so much power in positivity! This past weekend was a very long birthday weekend for me. Usually I'm really excited about it but this year I was super chill and I managed to let my days go by without any stress and I had the best birthday ever. I spent time with everyone that I wanted to, I laughed, I played games, ate good, got my birthday cake and spent time with my shorty. There were snippets of time where I could have let it all go downhill but why would I do that? I kept being positive, I didn't yell or catch a tantrum and everything worked out.
You control your own levels of stress. Remember that. Things will happen to you throughout the day. Your parent, significant other, sibling or friend may annoy you. You may be given too many tasks at work for the day. But you have to reach a place within yourself where you won't allow those things to take control of your emotions. (Can you believe I'm saying this?)
Here's what I do to press on.
- I realize that what I'm feeling at that exact moment, won't last forever. Situations come and go. This too shall pass.
- I realize the power that my words and thoughts have over situations. If I speak negatively about the guy that I like and I keep telling him how negative he is or I don't speak about anything positive moving forward, I will be trapped in my negative thinking and will generate those negative outcomes. No, things won't be perfect in relationships but with communication, positive communication, things can change.
- I realize that the sooner I let it go, the sooner it's gone.
- I allow Jesus to Take the Wheel. Instead of moping about why things aren't going my way, I look for the lesson in the situation. I believe that things will keep happening over and over again until you learn your lesson. Some people are faster learners than others, so don't beat yourself up over it. Know that it's ok to get things wrong as you focus on getting them right.
- ACCEPT. That's the main thing that keeps me being positive. Once you accept a situation, a person, a decision, it's so much easier to move on and grow. I don't think most people accept things anymore. It's not that you're settling, but you focus so much on what you can't change and that keeps the discomfort, disruption and uneasiness within. Accept and figure out how to work with what you have.
- You are in control. Keep calm, keep control and don't react.
Hope this helps you today.